Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Meat Inspection Act

                       The Jungle by Upton Sinclair, affected the way meat was being produced by a new law called M.I.A (Meat Inspection Act). The M.I.A stared by the people of the U.S., by eating unheathy meat that the M.P.I (Meat Packing Industry) did not take care of there meat. U.S. citizen were becoming very sick, ill, and even dying by all the germs that came from the M.P.I did not take care of.
    In the book The Jungle, Upton explans how the M.I.P did not care for the meat, M.I.P just let the meat out in the open and dead meat on top of each other, rats toughing the meat, and rat poop toughing it as well. After the book The Jungle came out, higher class people started writing to the government by making it a law and that's how the Meant Inspection Act law came across the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment